In the spirit of new beginnings, I’ll share a few of my resolutions for 2009. Don’t worry, nothing on weight or exercise to engender any guilt feelings. These all touch on the business of investor relations:
- I hope to speak more clearly and write more clearly. Creating a message that is well-understood by each person in our audience – clarity – is the measure of success in investor relations and corporate communication.
- I plan to expand my own network of relationships. Personally, I favor business relationships that grow into mutually supportive friendships.
- I want to give away more, and also bring in more.
- I hope to surprise people with the quality of our work on every project. This little firm, Johnson Strategic, is a calling – not just a job.
- I strive to continue learning new ways to communicate. Interactive tools are transforming the way people seek and find information, but in the corporate world we are not yet very good at connecting via Web 2.0.
- I want to write this IR Café blog for the benefit of investor relations professionals – and stimulate conversation to build up all of our skills.
What are your resolutions for 2009? Care to share?